The Regional Education Officer (REO) and ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic Project Officer are available to help schools with all aspects of their journey to sustainability. All services provided are at NO COST to schools
- facilitate and assess ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic modules for certification
- assess schools seeking ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic 5Star Certification
- assist schools in use of the SETS data system (Schools Environment Tracking System)
www.schoolenergysavings.com.au for more information about SETS
For more information about ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic click here or go to www.sustainability.vic.gov.au - schools & training
LITTLE GREEN WAGON
The Little Green Wagon Resource Education Trailer is jointly owned and managed by HRWMG and Calder RWMG. It provides schools with a one stop shop of education resources that have been matched to the requirements of ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic. The units of work in the resource tubs have been mapped against the VELS domains to assist teachers.
It is necessary for schools to book a visit from the Little Green Wagon. Normally it will be left at a school for a week.
Education Resources Tubs
- Recycling (including compost)
- Extension Activities
- Recycle Relay
- Recycle Handball
- Environmental Consumer
- Waste Wise Pairs
- Sustainable House Model (by special request)
- Sustainability Activity Kit
- Compost Bin model
- Worm Farm model
LITTER EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS - LESS LITTER TOOL KIT
Litter is often a problem in secondary schools. The Regional Education Officers from South Eastern, Calder and Highlands Regional Waste Management Groups used a Sustainability Victoria Litter Grant to develop a CD ROM toolkit to assist secondary schools in Victoria to strategically plan and implement litter reduction in a way that actively involves students in all stages of the process.
The CD ROM toolkit contains:
- Six steps to implementing a secondary schools litter reduction program
- A list of drivers, barriers and solutions to litter issues in secondary schools
- The research report from the secondary students focus groups
Over 60 documents to help schools plan and implement a litter program involving their students - these include Research Findings, Information Sheets, Instruction Sheets, Student Activity Sheets, Secondary Schools Case Studies, Curriculum Activities, and Spreadsheet Templates
The LESS Litter Toolkit has been delivered to all secondary schools in the Highlands Region. A limited number of additional CDs are available.