Audits were conducted at five Resource Recovery Centres (Transfer Stations) across the Highlands Region.
Overall the most significant items in the RRC waste stream are
- Green Waste (31% by weight, 31% by volume)
- Concrete/bricks (30% by weight, 4% by volume)
- Wood/timber ((9% by weight, 9% by volume)
- Ferroue metals (5% by weight, 9% by volume)
- Paper/cardboard (6% by weight, 12% by volume)
The potential diversion rates from landfill that could be achieved were 87% by weight and 71% by volume.